Sunday, August 1, 2010

All in a Day's Work



So I'm grappling with a seemingly unanswerable question - What can I do for a living that will fulfill me most?

I start something - do it for a bit, like it, have ups and downs, and have progressively become more fulfilled with my lines of work, yet I still feel a void - like there's something more out there for me to do, something that won't feel like "work" because I just love it that much.

Is it something I just need to get over? That work will always just be work or I'll always settle into something and it will become mundane and some sort of obligation. Is it too much to hope for that I could really never have to "work" a day in my life again?!

I hate to settle for anything when I'm hungry for more. I'm young and the world is my oyster - right? Why not explore lots of options?! I've gotta stay afloat somehow though - pay the rent, put some greens on  my plate. It's funny, since I've sort of started "transforming," my hunger for material things has dried up a lot. I've never had a super shopping addiction but I have always loved a bargain or even awesome thrift find - but lately, I'm pretty content with what I've got and making it work. This is a new phenomenon for me. So, in relation to an occupation, I don't really feel the need to make more money per say. As long as I can get by, and save a bit a long the way - I'd be happy, especially if I were really up to something that made my heart sing.

This whole idea is confronting for me - exciting, yet terrifying. To jump or not to jump? Knowing me, I'll probably evaluate until it becomes too painful to remain still.

No comments:

Post a Comment