Thursday, August 12, 2010

Mexican Bliss

I find sooo much comfort in Mexican food. Take the meat and cheese out and it's an instant satisfying vegan meal. Quick, cheap and easy too!

The other night - I made fajitas for Michael, my mom and I. Once I discovered the power of lemon juice and garlic, man was this heavenly! Michael's is the one with the cheese. I try not to torture him too much.


Tonight it's guac! This was supposed to go with the fajita meal, but my avocados were stubbornly not ripe enough yet. They are perfect now. I want to say a special thanks to my aunt Karen, and cousin Erin who first introduced me to the fine art of homemade guacamole. I am eternally grateful.

Other recent notable Mexican delicacies include Cafe Gratitude's Nacho appetizer (I am Honoring) and their cooked specialty quesadilla (I am Wise - much thanks to Ryland for this creation!). On both of these I swap the nacho cashew cheese for their less spicy mozzarella because my taste buds simply can't hang. These dishes are to die for. Oh man and Gracias Madre! I haven't been there in a bit, but spectacular. Butternut squash tamale, por favor!

Mexico - thanks for being so close to California. You allow me to practice my high school Spanish skills, eat healthy, and be happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment