Thursday, August 5, 2010

Body



My body is changing. I work out 4 mornings a week with Bootcamp SF and my sweaty bed head beatings are starting to reveal some surprising results. My favorite transformation thus far is my upper body. It's lean and strong. I love my collar bones! They make me feel sexy and mysterious. This new development makes me want to invest in a bunch of off the shoulder tops and chandelier earrings, sip tea and be tan.

Ooh and I've discovered my lower abs! I'd never used them! They were as weak as a limp string bean to start and well, they're probably about as sturdy as a new flip flop now - but what a difference. I stand differently, walk differently, and I can do a sit up, a bunch actually! I feel strong and that feels amazing. As much as I dread getting up some mornings, I always love the satisfaction that comes after my workout when I go to take a shower and catch a glimpse of my new shape in the mirror - it's all worth it. I feel beautiful and strong.

On another body changing note - I'm getting wrinkles! Yippee! I think they're cute. Just some fine ones when I smile around the corners of my mouth and eyes. I'll be upset if they ever show up on my forehead though - because those don't seem like very happy wrinkles. Oh and I'm getting some "age spots" on one of my cheeks. I like them too. I want them to multiply so I can have sweet little freckles.

As I'm writing this, I am realizing that I'm not experiencing the normal self-consciousness that I experience when I talk about how I look. I feel good about myself, I accept myself, and I don't feel ashamed or boastful in saying so.  I am so grateful for my body - it's mobility, it's strength, it's beauty, it's expression, it's vehicle! I wouldn't be the same without it ;-D

No comments:

Post a Comment