Sunday, August 1, 2010

Breakfast



Breakfast is one of my favorite meals of the day - and I don't mean to say that I always eat it in the morning. I'm up for breakfast food anytime of the day. I love pancakes, waffles, scrambled eggs, oatmeal, toast, french toast, and bacon. Funny thing is I haven't eaten much of any of that for a while now - and I don't really miss it.

Now all that fancy stuff I'd have for breakfast if I went out to eat or had a lazy Sunday morning to play around in the kitchen - what I'd most likely have for breakfast was a big bowl of sugary cereal. Fruity pebbles, Life, Captain Crunch, Frosted Flakes, Fruit Loops - ooooh yea! I used to live off that stuff, drowned in a downpour of 2% milk.

Over time, I've weened myself from the above, to honey nut cheerios, to Nature's Path yummy pumpkin seed agave flax cereal, and am now down to Rainbow Grocery's bulk cereal section eating organic blueberry Muesli with fresh blueberries on top. Oh and as far as milk, I've gone to organic 2% milk, to organic soy milk, to organic almond milk. I have to say - with all the change I've had in my breakfast menu, I still love breakfast.

I'd love to get down to some fresh fruit and maybe a bran muffin or something with tea. Mmm - that sounds good. But this is where I'm at right now and I'm happy. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment